One Visit Root Canal Treatments in Emerson, NJ
Root canals are painful
Patients arrive in pain, but the Root Canal procedure will RELIEVE the pain!
Why Do I Need a Root Canal?
Root canal is done for various reaons:
- When decay (cavity) reaches the nerve (the Pulp *) of the tooth.
- Pulp of the tooth is unable to repair itself due to a cracked tooth, a deep cavity requiring large fillings, or trauma or accident to the tooth
- Tooth Abscess – infection at the end of the root that develops because bacterial infection has reached the bone beyond the tooth
What happens if I do not get a root canal?
- if injured pulp or infected pulp is not removed, the tissues surrounding the root of the tooth can become infected – causing PAIN and SWELLING.
- In some cases if the nerve is dead, there will NO PAIN, however, bacteria can damage the bone that anchors the tooth in the jaw. Without treatment, the tooth may have to be extracted.